Working with singles every day for over 25 years as a dating advisor, I hear the same comments about online dating. It can range from “No one online I like” to “It’s exhausting to look for dates” to “No good men / women online.” With over 60% of my clients dating someone they really like, it’s time to disprove this theory.
We will rephrase this! The largest dating group in cyberspace, whether you’re 21 or 75! How could one of the 3 couples who got married in 2020 be found online? This is research, not a statement of dating sites!
We’ll get to the 50/50 error in a minute. 50/50 is sitting on the fence wasting your valuable dating opportunities.
Understand that online dating is not a long, slow game of golf. It’s Pickleball, a fast paced game and you have to understand the rules.
Let me explain a little bit how I work with my clients and I have first hand knowledge of them. Once a customer is up and running (not walking) online, I log in with them and go through possible matches. It’s especially funny to me when they tell me there’s no one on this site for them!
So I’m going to guide you through the 50/50 error process: (or check out my two minute video library on this. Click here!)
1. We connect to the Internet and immediately guide you to the search features that most dating sites / dating apps have. NO, we don’t even look at people who liked or sent inept messages.
2. As we look at potential dates through the search, I will identify matches with high potential. First, make sure you’re a subscriber (don’t waste time with anyone who hasn’t paid), take a look at their photos, and then read their profile. This takes about 90 seconds … seriously!
3. Usually my client says something like “I like all their photos except number 7” or “Maybe.” eh? What does that mean?
4. Then they want to “save” them for later viewing. Again, this is not a slow golf game and if you are on the fence, hence my 50/50 rule, you will get your hands on it.
5. When I arrive, I don’t mean a like, a rose, a star, or a check mark. What does the recipient have to do with this? As a 4-year-old, we need to use words to express our interest. The number 1 complaint from men with online dating is getting a like without a message. Hey, this is the 21st century!
And guess what? If you don’t answer here and now, this person is gone forever. You’ll feel overwhelmed with other options and totally forget that he had a 50/50 photo of you.
And, don’t you like 50/50 odds? No one will be 100%, not even 90%. So you have to get rid of the romantic notions that there is a 9/10 or a 10/10 waiting for you to find them.
Another customer comment “Oh, I don’t have time to send messages to people, I think I only have a 50% chance that I like them.” Guess what? Your online success forecast is unfortunate!
6. Practice makes perfect. That’s why I spend so much time helping clients craft short, personal messages. If you know me, there is no “Hello, how’s the day”? If I received this response, it is an instant removal / blocking. This tells me that the person doesn’t care or is exhausted online.
7. 50/50 On the Fence Matches should take a total of 2 minutes to respond. Really?
Yes, I have it for art / science with my clients. And they are simple and easy, and will resonate with the person receiving the message.
Want to learn more high quality quotes and high quality answers? Call me and I’ll let you know in less than 10 minutes if it suits you. 702-494-7344
I am very happy when my customers find someone, get engaged, end up in an LTR —- and I can cut the overwhelming options online and make it easy and fun!
Oh, look at my two-minute video library too! Click here!
Life, Love and Laughter,
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.