It’s the season … so as a coach and online dating consultant, I’m sharing frequently asked questions I get at this time of year from singles, friends … from the media. (See recent BBC news)
Is December a good month so far or should I wait?
Ohhhhh, go for it! Not a bad month of the year to start dating, really! With over 25 years of dating experience first as the founder of Its Just Lunch and now the founder of Thirty-Three Thousand Dating, I love December. It’s a holiday. Holiday parties. Good soul. Good mood. Christmas tree lighting. Hanukkah. Christmas cookies. Vesc. Wait, this is probably the happiest month of the year so far!
2. My friends told me to wait until January to try online dating. Thoughts?
No. When you are ready, you are ready. Many of my clients are invited to holiday parties after just 1 or 2 dates – you can wear this shiny new dress and heels or take off your Christmas tie. There also seems to be a lot of ugly Christmas sweater parties this year, so why wait? You can still go out in January, but think about the fun-filled Christmas parties of friends and work with an appointment you may have missed!
3. I just met someone I like, so far only one date. How many more appointments until I invite her to my company’s holiday party?
Well, because we are in a time crisis, the normal rules do not apply. I guess you have a second date scheduled for this week, it’s time to ask! You don’t have to be shy, you probably do, because who doesn’t like the holidays, especially since last year we didn’t have any?
Extended to this day!
4. When do you submit them to your family?
Ohhh, the subject word here makes me nervous. Is it usually a happy time with your family or a dysfunctional reunion once a year? In addition, it depends on the logistics. If it’s usually a fun family vacation and you live in the same geographic area (one that doesn’t require flights, hotels, etc.), why not? Then, if you are miserable during this family day, do not share your misery.
5. I had 3 dates with a guy I really like. How many dates are left to buy a gift?
Ahhha … look at this picture I took just for you
6. I just met someone last week and we had 2 dates. Is it too early to order it at a New Year’s Eve party? It’s a big black tie affair in Chicago where tickets are coming out fast and my friends and I are getting table. What do you think?
Yes. Why not? I believe in maintaining the momentum of dating – two dates in a week means you enjoy the company of others. Ask in person for your next appointment. People plan the New Year well in advance, so don’t be shy.
6. I’m a divorced guy in my 50s. Most of the women we date are of similar ages, and we all have children, some adults, but sometimes teenagers or younger. If I’ve been dating a woman for a few months, I look forward to buying her a Christmas present. But should she also buy something (even a small one) for her children? I am not his stepfather and I do not want to overdo my relationship, but I want to be polite.
This is a thoughtful question. If children are 20 years old, no. If you’ve never met kids, no. Why confuse them. Now, if children are between the ages of 12 and 17.18, a small gift is a good idea. A $ 25 Starbucks card would be appropriate. If the kids are small, no. If you are attending a party, a box of chocolates or gingerbread cookies will go well with young children.
7. I’ve been dating a boy for 4 months and we’re approaching the holidays. Although she has been divorced for 5 years, she still spends Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and so on. with his ex-wife and children as if they were still a family. I don’t have kids, and I sure don’t want to spend the holidays with my ex-husband. Should I be jealous? Or at least a little annoyed that my boyfriend spends all his holidays with his ex-wife and children and very little time with me? Do I have to say something?
You’ve been dating for 4 months, not 4 years. This is your first holiday season with this new man; I recommend you choose another day (December 26 to celebrate together). Jealous? This will not get you anywhere in a relationship, it will alienate you and congratulate you on a friendly relationship you should have with your ex … and take care of your children!
Keep getting the questions, friends. And don’t forget that Cyber Week 20% discount ends today! It’s not massahttps: //www.33000dates.com/ so far.
#HOLIDAY #APPOINTMENT #QUESTIONS
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.