This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure page for full details.
We all know that even though not all relationships are meant to last, the end can still be extremely painful, even if it was a toxic relationship that you knew had to end. This is where listening to the best break songs can help; sometimes it just helps to know that we are not alone with our lovelessness.
Sorry to hurt you, but you can feel better listening to some of the best breaking songs ever written. Some are classics, some are newer, all are essential elements of breaking music that help calm the soul after a bad break.
These are not in any particular order or rank; they all deserve a place on this list of the top 50 breakup songs to cure your lovelessness.
The best breakup songs to help heal your lovelessness
- Someone like you from Adele
- I will always love you from Whitney Houston
- I can’t make you love me Bonnie Raitt
- Foolish Games by Jewel
- Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton
- Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood
- Dosed by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- All alone by Celine Dion
- Kerosene by Miranda Lambert
- Don’t talk without hesitation
- Since You Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- It’s too late for Carole King
- This year from The Mountain Goats
- Irreplaceable by Beyoncé
- We will never be together with Taylor Swift again
- Outkast Roses
- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus
- Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O’Connor
- Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
- Bullet with butterfly wings from Smashing Pumpkins
- Borderline by Alison Krauss
- Cross for Cher
- You’re So Vain by Carly Simon
- True Love Waits by Radiohead
- Yesterday from The Beatles
- We Belong Together by Mariah Carey
- Take A Bow by Madonna
- Prince’s Purple Rain
- Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers
- End Of The Road by Boyz 2 Men
- Injured by Johnny Cash
- I’m coming down from Mary J. Blige
- Only The Lonely by Roy Orbison
- It must have been Roxette’s love
- I’ll Never Love Again by Lady Gaga
- Someone I used to know from Gotye
- Rolling In The Deep by Adele
- Nobody Knows from The Tony Rich Project
- If you see her, say hello to Bob Dylan
- The Winner Takes It All by ABBA
- Goodbye To Love by The Carpenters
- I will survive Gloria Gaynor
- Always in my mind of Willie Nelson
- Stay with Rihanna
- Crazy by Patsy Cline
- Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley
- Black from Pearl Jam
- You oughta know of Alanis Morissette
- Stay with me from Sam Smith
- Who hears it now? by Connie Francis
It doesn’t matter if you missed All of the Red Flags or if it was time to split up in a friendly way – the breaks hurt. Whether you need to mourn your sadness or your anger, hopefully there will be many here on this list of the best break songs perfect for you.
A few words of encouragement
Don’t lower your head! Relationships are difficult, but with each of them you get valuable information about who you are and what relationships are all about. Spoiler alert: includes hard work, but it is very significant hard work and the return on investment is * Chef’s kiss *
In the meantime, you can check out some tips on how to fix your broken heart and overcome your breakup. Be kind to yourself, give yourself time to cry, but keep moving forward … you got it!
PS: If you want to stay a little longer in the Revolcada Stage, put together a romantic film and let your emotions flow. As Lorelai Gilmore said so wisely to Rory after the breakup: you have to roll over.
Check out these links for more information on relationships:
Amy Hartle is the co – founder and owner of Two vagabonds, where he wrote about romantic and couple trips, relationships, honeymoons and more. With a master’s degree in English and a bachelor’s degree in musical theater, Amy loves to write quality content as well as entertain, and hopes to do a bit of both here on the blog! Amy is happily married to her husband Nathan, and when they are not working in their places, Amy and Nathan can be found hugging, reading, and enjoying delicious latte.
#breakup #songs #cure #lovelessness
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.